Truly shocked by how horrible and stressful the Wizz Air experience was.
1. Check-in queue was 1 hour long and chaotic because they were inefficient and disorganised.
2. After we queued for 1 hour, they told us we had to pay a €35 fine because we "should have checked in online". Nowhere in the online booking process or emails was this made clear. In fact the opposite. It reeks of a deliberate extortion technique.
3. We were told to leave the queue, pay the fine, and then queue all over again, even if it meant missing our flight. And that there was no other option.
4. The young girl on the check-in counter was incredibly rude and obnoxious, treating us like petty criminals.
5. When we finally got back to a check-in counter after paying the fine and re-queuing, another young girl forgot to print out our boarding passes before sending us on our way. "Oh yeah, I forgot" she said, when we asked "shouldn't we have boarding passes?". Pathetic.
Even if you argue that we should have checked in online (we didn't because we'd already paid extra for our seats so assumed we could simply check in at the airport, as standard, since *mandatory online check-in* was totally not made clear), the size of the penalty (€35 each) is extortionate, it was vindictive and cruel to make us queue all over again after a 1 hour wait, their spiteful attitude was horrible, and they displayed incompetence and disorganisation at every stage.
Truly awful, unethical, disorganised, incompetent. I strongly urge you to avoid them at all costs.
Are you a representative of Wizz Air Hungary and would like to reply to this review or be notified by email when reviews are published about your airline company? Please contact us!