Me and my friend had the worst possible experience with Pegasus and Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW) staff; on June 29th 2018 we were going from Bodrum to Tehran and had a few hours stop in Istanbul. As we were waiting at the gate some Pegasus staff showed up and shouted there would be one hour delay, we knew Pegasus didn’t offer meal during the flight so we decided to go to the next snack bar and eat something before boarding. We returned to the gate half an hour later and surprisingly found they had already closed the gate and didn’t allow us to get on the plane although the boarding bridge was still in place and we could see staff getting in and out of the plane which took off 20 minutes later.
- There was absolutely no announcements about the time changes or last calls on the Airport speakers
- During our exhausting 8 hour stay at Sabiha Gokcen Airport we just struggled to find and communicate to someone who could help or give us some information. Most of the staff, including Pegasus supervisor and Pegasus Manager couldn’t or didn’t want to speak English properly, we didn’t speak Turkish so it was really hard to communicate
- Most of the staff, including Pegasus supervisor and Pegasus Manager weren’t helpful, all they had to say repeatedly was we should pay and buy new tickets for their next day flight
- We had to wait from 12:00am to 3:00am before getting the chance to speak to a Pegasus supervisor, an sleepy arrogant young woman who didn’t have the slightest idea what customer appreciation means
- The plane had took our luggage to Tehran, so they literally left us, two transit passengers, without our personal belongings in the middle of the night in a city we didn’t have a place to stay
- There were at least 2 other Pegasus passengers who had missed their flights almost at the same time
I know stories from people who had missed their Air Canada, Lufthansa, Iran Air flights; although they were responsible for being late, every single one received free tickets for the next flight from the airline at the end.
Luckily, I could find a Turkish Airline flight from Istanbul Atatürk Airport (IST) to Tehran the next morning and decided to never again fly with Pegasus or any other cheap no-name airlines; few years ago I had another bad experience with EasyJet, another cheap airline, when they charged me 400 Euros for “excessive” luggage while the ticket was only 70 Euros. It really worths to pay slightly more for your ticket and get it from a solid well-known airline which understands the value of their customers and don’t trap you with their tricks and hidden costs.
Are you a representative of Pegasus Airlines and would like to reply to this review or be notified by email when reviews are published about your airline company? Please contact us!